- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Food industry presents trends at the International Green Week Berlin
“Superfoods, alternative protein sources, enriched proteins, innovative recipes, sustainability, regional products and flexible diets – our stand will feature foods that represent the future and cover a wide range of trends. This much we can already say: the future will be diverse and have something to suit everyone’s taste. Our producers will make sure of that and our aim is to highlight it“, said Christoph Minhoff, managing director of the BLL and BVE. Not only will tomorrow’s food trends be on show at the Future Food Show, some of them can also be sampled directly at the fair. A number of food industry startups will be offering their new products and will also be available to talk to visitors. Companies taking part will include Philosoffee, Grillido, Grizzly Snack, Caté, LIMAI and the Bug Foundation.
However, it is not just startups which will be aiming to make their mark at the world’s largest consumer exhibition. Two major food and drink companies will also be represented on the combined stand of the BLL and BVE. The REWE Group and Nestlé Deutschland will be highlighting aspects of tomorrow’s food trends from their standpoint. Minhoff: “The fact that two large enterprises will be taking part shows how important the Green Week is for the industry. It is the only trade fair where producers come face to face with consumers. We want to take advantage of that and start up a joint dialogue.”
At the cooking show, which next year will be sponsored for the first time by Küppersbusch, a long-established company, visitors to the Green Week can discover that tomorrow’s foods will above all be diverse and tasty. Together with Sebastian Morgenstern, Daniel Schade and Philip Schundau of the Association of German Chefs will be inviting experts to Cook & Talk events, where the latter will give visitors a chance to sample topical food trends with unusual dishes and at food tasting sessions. The cooking show staged by Küppersbusch will also be the place to head for younger visitors who have registered for student cooking events as part of the Messe Berlin programme for schools. Interactive events such as these support the BLL and BVE’s aim to actively provide food and diet information. Visitors to the stand can also take part in a quiz where they can test their knowledge of the food trends of the future. Full details of the Cook & Talk programme, including the times when startups will be on the stand, will be published in January on the internet pages of the BLL and BVE.
Over the last nine years the combined display of the BVE and BLL has been an important meeting place for consumers, trade visitors and representatives of politics and the media, and at the last event attracted 150,000 visitors. The BVE is also the non-commercial sponsor of the Green Week.
The combined stand of the food and drink industries at the Green Week 2018 is supported by Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/17/2018 US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
- 10/16/2018 Data: what are the opportunities for greenhouse horticulture?
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Western Sydney greenhouse growers' tour
- 10/15/2018 US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/12/2018 ESA Annual Meeting sets new record of attendance
- 10/11/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/10/2018 Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 10/10/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment
- 10/10/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe opens its doors
- 10/10/2018 UK: Growing media developments in vegetable propagation
- 10/09/2018 Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- 10/09/2018 "Diversity in visitors resulted in good quality attendance"
- 10/09/2018 140 kg large pumpkin brightens up Shanghai Chenshan Gardens
- 10/09/2018 “Once a good basis has been laid, it is about the fine-tuning, the details”
- 10/08/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
- 10/08/2018 "Greenhouse as starting point for new products and updates"
- 10/08/2018 UK: Latest research to be revealed at Soft Fruit Day