Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam agricultural exports hit $15.6B in first nine months of 2017
For several years Vietnam has been working towards achieving higher levels of food security. The country has adopted various measures to boost agricultural product exports, trying to fill the gaps in the global food market, Vietnamplus reports.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development reported that in the first nine months of 2017 export earnings from farm produce were estimated at 15.62 billion USD. This is a year-on-year increase of 15.2 percent.
In striving for agricultural growth in the long run, it is commonly understood that technology is the key. According to Vietnamplus, in 2012 the government has approved a plan for developing high-tech farming by 2020. As of March 2017, Vietnam has 15 hi-tech agricultural projects nationwide.
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Other news in this sector: