Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Certis USA introduces Carb-O-Nator for greenhouse, nursery useThe biopesticide company, Certis USA, introduces Carb-O-Nator, a broad spectrum foliar fungicide that works on contact to control powdery mildew, Alternaria, Anthracnose, Botrytis, Septoria leaf spot and other diseases. Carb-O-Nator is registered for use on agricultural crops, terrestrial and ornamental, greenhouse and nursery plants and turf. Its active ingredient, potassium bicarbonate, is well-known for its proven efficacy against plant disease coupled with its high level of safety to workers, bees, wildlife and the environment. Because it works on contact, Carb-O-Nator is suitable for use in disease resistance management programs. Carb-O-Nator has a reentry interval (REI) of four hours, a zero-day pre-harvest interval and is residue exempt. It is NOP (USDA’s National Organics Program) compliant and OMRI listed.
Tim Damico, Certis USA Executive VP, NAFTA, said, “We’ve been looking for an effective curative fungicide to add to our offering, and Carb-O-Nator fit the need and our product line. We were not necessarily satisfied with the current formulations that were being marketed in the US so we built a better formulation to maximize foliar disease control.”
The Carb-O-Nator formulation contains 85% potassium bicarbonate by weight which is 4% higher than some other competitive brands. The other 15% includes a proprietary co-adjuvant blend developed by Certis that allows the soluble powder to dissolve readily in the mixing tank, eliminates the need for a spreader sticker, has superior spreading characteristics and is a low-foaming formulation. Through a combination of osmotic pressure, pH and the activity of carbonate and bicarbonate ions, Carb-O-Nator quickly eradicates foliar diseases. Carb-O-Nator is registered for use on acorn squash, almond, apple, apricot, cantaloupe, cherry, chicory, melons, cucumber, endive, escarole, grape, honeydew, lettuce, muskmelon, peach, pear, pepper, pistachio, plum, prune, pumpkin, radicchio, rose, spinach, strawberry, summer squash, tomato, walnut, watermelon, winter squash and zucchini.
For more information
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Other news in this sector: