- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- New foldable intermediate bulk container presented
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
- Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
What aquaponic growers can do for chefs
Make logistics easy for the chefs and your customers in all ways that you can. Simple payment systems, simple packaging, bunching for easy processing, and if appropriate - washed and clean produce.
If you plan on working with any large distributor, you’ll very likely find yourself needing/wanting to get an organic certification so you can get the wholesale prices you’ll need for a premium product.
Chefs and procurement managers will pay more for produce, but only if the quality and story is there. Consumers want fresh, local produce, but not if it looks like crap. They also want to know where it came from, and even want to know who you are and what you're about. Technology is allowing consumers looking to connect with their farmers and your story is how you, or the chefs cooking with your produce, can do that.
Read more at the Aquaponics Association (Brandon Youst)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: Aquaponics facility launched in Soweto
- 10/18/2018 South Korea: Urban farming bonds communities in Seoul
- 10/17/2018 New facility to research the farm of the future
- 10/17/2018 US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"