Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
6 things you need to know about potassium in aquaponicsWhen it comes to interesting (and frustrating) nutrients in aquaponic systems, potassium takes the cake. Potassium is the most commonly deficient nutrient by far (9 out of 10 are a potassium deficiency). But thatís not allópotassium also has a complicated relationship with other nutrients in the system, which makes it tricky to manage.
Potassium is introduced to your system in the form of fish feed or supplements like potassium hydroxide or kelp meal concentrate. However, the potassium levels in most fish feeds arenít adequate for both plants and fish.
This means that potassium is often deficient in aquaponic plants. This causes all sorts of problems.
Read more at Upstart University (Nate Storey)
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Other news in this sector: