Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (NY): Hop growers face challenges to meet rising brewery demands
Lawmakers seeking to tap into the industry’s economic potential have passed new policies that provide incentives for New York hop growers to jump on the bandwagon and supply the growing demand for local ingredients. As these growers have learned, cultivating hops has its challenges, mainly from pests and two pervasive diseases, and Cornell researchers are lending a hand.
Plant disease experts David Gadoury and doctoral student Bill Weldon, both at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, are providing expertise to help everyone from hops hobbyists to professional farmers through outreach materials, public presentations and field visits.
Read the whole article.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Efficient irrigation for blueberry grower
- 09/18/2018 France: Hotel puts stop to food waste with virtuous biosystem
- 09/17/2018 Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- 09/17/2018 US (WY): Tomato grower pleads guilty to growing marijuana
- 09/14/2018 Earlier strawberry crop and year-round production with LED toplighting
- 09/14/2018 Belgian tomato group switching to hybrid lighting system
- 09/14/2018 Australian tomato grower goes from strength to strength using latest technology
- 09/14/2018 Abu Dhabi: Cultivation started in Al Dahra BayWa greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/14/2018 AU: Katunga fresh to expand with 15 hectare cucumber greenhouse
- 09/12/2018 India: Women growers looking to save environment, conserve water
- 09/12/2018 Bristol man baffled by giant cucumbers
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/12/2018 US (MO): A hydroponic twist on the family farm
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/11/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/11/2018 US (NC): Hydroponic farm buzzing with activity
- 09/10/2018 US (MA): Little Leaf Farms signs on to supply Springfield's 26,000 students
- 09/10/2018 US (MO): Investigating Springfield greenhouse project with residual heat
- 09/07/2018 US (GA): Dublin high students grow plants and veggies, up for sale.