Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Expanding organic line
US (CA): Tanimura & Antle reintroduce organic program
Tanimura & Antle, the employee-owned Salinas Valley grower and shipper of premium fresh produce, has announced the addition of three new products to its organics line. Now available are:
● Organic Celery and Celery Hearts;
● Organic Broccoli;
● Organic Cauliflower.
These offerings are part of a growing list of products that includes Organic Romaine Hearts, Organic Artisan Romaine, and Organic Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions, which launched earlier this year.
Tanimura & Antle has re-entered the organics market after an eight-year absence. “We’re thrilled to once again be providing high-quality organic produce to our retail partners,” said Rick Antle, CEO of Tanimura & Antle. “Organic produce has long been a passion of ours, which is why we acquired a one-third interest in Earthbound Farm Organic in 1999 and played a pivotal role in the growth of that brand.”
Following the sale of Earthbound Farm Organic in 2009, Tanimura & Antle was restricted from participating in the organic market until recently.
“The demand for fresh organic produce is climbing rapidly, and our company is pleased to be helping retailers meet that demand while continuing to provide fresh and delicious conventional produce,” said Mr. Antle. “Our extensive experience as a pioneer and leader in organic produce allows us to be a key resource to our valued partners as they seek to provide consumers with the best products on the market.”
"According to a report published by the United Fresh Produce Association, organic vegetable sales were up 6 percent in the third quarter of this year versus the same period last year," adds Mr. Antle. "We're excited to be back in organics and contributing to this tremendous growth."
Tanimura & Antle
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Other news in this sector: