- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
February 14-17, Corvallis
US (OR): 'Nation's largest organic seed event' to take place this February
The event begins with two full days of pre-conference intensives and a tour of seed production in the Willamette Valley. The main conference offers more than two-dozen sessions on the topics of seed growing practices, organic plant breeding, seed economics, and organic seed policy. More than 500 seed growers, plant breeders, policy advocates, organic certifiers, seed and food companies, and students, among other stakeholders, are expected to attend.
A full agenda with speakers can be found at www.seedalliance.org/conference. The three pre-conference events beginning on February 14th have limited space so interested participants are encouraged to register early.
The first daylong intensive on February 14th will teach farmers how to navigate the finances of growing seed commercially, including how to manage the associated financial risks. Experts will provide an in-depth training on budgeting tools to evaluate capital investments, expand enterprises, and assess market opportunities.
The second daylong intensive on February 15th will teach farmers and agricultural students on-farm plant breeding and variety development skills. Organic plant breeders will share advice on sourcing germplasm, developing breeding populations, managing crosses, and applying advanced selection techniques. The classroom component will be complemented by a field trip and lab component at Oregon State University’s vegetable and grain breeding programs.
Pre-conference events on February 15th will also include a daylong tour of seed production in the Willamette Valley sponsored by Oregon Tilth. The tour will visit four locations featuring seed production and cleaning facilities on a variety of scales. Tour hosts will share experiences related to managing a diversity of farm types, sizes, and inventories. Locations include Avoca Farm, Kenagy Family Farm, Universal Seed Company, and Heritage Seedlings and Liners.
The conference is held at the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis. Area hotels offer reasonable rates for participant lodging. Additional information regarding registration, travel, parking, hotels, the trade show, and sponsorship opportunities can be found at www.seedalliance.org/conference.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/12/2018 ESA Annual Meeting sets new record of attendance
- 10/11/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/10/2018 Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 10/10/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment
- 10/10/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe opens its doors
- 10/10/2018 UK: Growing media developments in vegetable propagation
- 10/09/2018 Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- 10/09/2018 "Diversity in visitors resulted in good quality attendance"
- 10/09/2018 140 kg large pumpkin brightens up Shanghai Chenshan Gardens
- 10/09/2018 “Once a good basis has been laid, it is about the fine-tuning, the details”
- 10/08/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
- 10/08/2018 "Greenhouse as starting point for new products and updates"
- 10/08/2018 UK: Latest research to be revealed at Soft Fruit Day
- 10/08/2018 Australia: PCA members to go on tour again
- 10/08/2018 US (VA): VSU to host 31st Annual Aquaculture Field Day
- 10/05/2018 International Asparagus Days conference - programme finalised
- 10/05/2018 "Zimbabwe will become one of Africa's largest exporters"
- 10/05/2018 "Once the foundation is right, it's about the refinement, the details"