Lettuce Fusarium wilt has previously been found in mainland Europe, but the identification of this strain of the disease in Lancashire, in October this year, was the first time it has been confirmed in the UK.
AHDB will host a workshop aimed at growers, advisors and agronomists to discuss the problem and what actions will be taken in the coming months.
To date AHDB have confirmed:
Presenting on ‘Practical measures to reduce the risk and impact of lettuce Fusarium wilt - utilising knowledge of other Fusarium wilt diseases’.
- Tim O’Neill - ADAS Associate Plant Pathologist
- UK protected lettuce growers and propagators
- John Johnson – Enza Zaden
- Stephen Alexander – Teagasc, Ireland
- Andy Taylor – Warwick University