Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 14, Lancashire
UK: AHDB offers technical workshop on lettuce fusarium wiltAn outbreak of an aggressive disease, lettuce Fusarium wilt has been reported in UK lettuce crops for the first time and growers are being urged to look out for symptoms to get diagnosis early.
Lettuce Fusarium wilt has previously been found in mainland Europe, but the identification of this strain of the disease in Lancashire, in October this year, was the first time it has been confirmed in the UK.
AHDB will host a workshop aimed at growers, advisors and agronomists to discuss the problem and what actions will be taken in the coming months.
To date AHDB have confirmed:
Presenting on ‘Practical measures to reduce the risk and impact of lettuce Fusarium wilt - utilising knowledge of other Fusarium wilt diseases’.
- Tim O’Neill - ADAS Associate Plant Pathologist
- UK protected lettuce growers and propagators
- John Johnson – Enza Zaden
- Stephen Alexander – Teagasc, Ireland
- Andy Taylor – Warwick University
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Other news in this sector: