- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US (AZ): Chef partners with local grower
- Vegetable growers warn of possible shortages in new year
- CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- Egypt discusses to stop import tomato variety due to TYLCV
- "Harmonization and simplification vital for future seed treatments"
International interest for edible mini roses
Anders Eskelund, Rosa Eskelund and Harley Eskelund at the IFTF Vijfhuizen in the Netherlands.
"We of Roses Forever exhibit many places but this year's IFTF in the Netherlands hits records regarding international and serious visitors who are looking for a new crop for their greenhouses", says Rosa Eskelund, owner of Roses Forever. "Ranging from Japan to Canada and South Africa to Scandinavia, we received a visit from growers all over the world. "
Picture on the left: Colourful 'Roses Forever' pot rose varieties. Picture on the right Viking cut roses.
"The ornamental industry is developing in the right direction and we therefore decide to put a lot on display this year." The Danish family company presented several series, of which they offer a license to grow, and gave special attention to their new series of mini roses; 'I am Different' and 'Fontiane' roses. Also the series of edible Gourmet roses received quite a lot of interest at the show. "A large Dutch cut rose grower asked for license to grow the edible Gourmet rose line. He is eager to grow a new crop that is not known yet in the Netherlands and will therefore decrease the cut flower production area", says Eskelund. This Dutch grower will visit the trial greenhouse of Roses Forever just after Christmas. However, next to non-ornamental growers, it is also a suitable crop for vegetable growers.
Open house in Roses Forever's greenhouse Denmark.
Open house Denmark
A week after the IFTF, Roses Forever held its open house in Denmark, where they welcomed many international visitors too.” During the open house, they showcased even more products than at the IFTF. "We've showed mini pot roses in 4 series; 'Roses Forever', 'Infinity', 'I am Different' and 'Fontaine' and cut roses in the series 'Rosa Loves Me'.
Eskelund presenting the "I am Different" pot roses to the IFTF visitors.
The Netherlands is Roses Forever's main market in Europe and Asia is one of Roses Forever's main markets. However, Eskelund attach a lot of value to having several growers in many parts of the world instead of many licensed growers in the same country.
For more information
T: +45 51 57 19 90
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 New intermediate bulk container offers logistics solution
- 10/18/2018 'Great development potential for Chicarita novelty lettuce''
- 10/18/2018 Greenhouse grown strawberries with chocolate flavored dip at Fresh Summit
- 10/18/2018 Greenhouse tomato grower to introduce new vegetable products
- 10/18/2018 Spain: Alcampo introduces floating live lettuce
- 10/17/2018 “First Italian, wild spinach arrives after difficult summer”
- 10/17/2018 New foldable intermediate bulk container presented
- 10/15/2018 AU: "Kumato proving to be a major hit with consumers"
- 10/12/2018 "One-bite is a healthy, convenient alternative when hunger pangs strike"
- 10/11/2018 Emerson releases GO Real-Time Secure Tracker
- 10/10/2018 Adelita, the 'made in South' raspberries available from November to June
- 10/10/2018 How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- 10/05/2018 US (NH): A fresh new take on standard spring mixes
- 10/04/2018 US (TX): Festival Strawberry latest Texas Superstar release
- 10/03/2018 Cold chain monitoring solution for fruit & vegetable transport
- 10/03/2018 "Bluesbrother RZ shines in production and quality"
- 10/03/2018 Modiform expands paperpot tray assortment
- 09/26/2018 Dramm includes QR code to scan for manuals, videos, FAQs and service
- 09/25/2018 New tray prevents root circling
- 09/20/2018 New 10-litre pot for raspberries, blackberries and blueberries