- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- The roar of Russia’s glass bear
- Russia: 8 ha greenhouse complex to be built in Stavropol by 2020
- "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- US (MI): Flint resident wants to beat the food desert with a greenhouse
- US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
Indian hospital grows veggies and guppies in aquaponic system
The Dietary Department’s farm is comprised of around 40 grow bags and a unit of aquaponics. The farm produces enough to meet the requirements of a few wards at a time. “We select the wards based on the numbers. The latest harvest took place two weeks ago. We will be planting amaranthus soon,” said Reshmi, dietician, the General Hospital.
Apart from the aquaponics unit, a hydroponics unit also has been set up at the hospital. However, it is yet to begin operation. At the aquaponics unit, a few cauliflowers and cabbages along with herbs like mint is being grown. “Since the growing season for cauliflower and cabbages is coming to an end, we are planning on cultivating a new range of plants. The hydroponic unit will start functioning soon and once it does we will be able to grow more plants,” she added.
Read more at The New Indian Express
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course
- 10/02/2018 South Africa: Philippi households to get lessons on hydroponics
- 10/02/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?
- 10/02/2018 AVF Hong Kong event leads to industry roadmap
- 10/01/2018 US vertical farm supplier partners with Spanish greenhouse builder