Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Paulo Santos joins Ridder HortiMaX North AmericaPaulo Santos, a Senior Horticulture professional with specialties in Operations and Product development in the fresh produce and flowers industry, joined the Ridder HortiMaX North American team as Regional Account Manager on November 16th. He lives in the Central Coast of California and his territory will cover all the US states, West of the Rockies.
Paulo has over 20 years of international business experience in the USA, Europe and Latin America as head grower and production manager from small to large agricultural organizations such as Royal Van Zanten, Grolink and Driscolls. Paulo holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering from Brazil and is a PCA and CCA advisor.
He is known for effectively aligning companies’ innovations efforts with their strategic vision to obtain competitive advantage. His accomplishments include influencing growers in the adoption of higher efficient crop systems using hydroponics technology, and design and implementation of enclosed growing zones in tunnels and small to high-tech greenhouses using full automation with climate controls that improve product quality and yield.
Paulo has a unique long work experience with nursery plant material, flowers and soft fruit (berry) commercial operations. His expertise allowed him to develop an extensive network with the leading growers and suppliers in the industry. His strengths include outstanding analytical, problem solving and communication skills, combined with a balanced entrepreneurial and investigative mind set which has led to creative solutions and delivered of results focused in growers' return on investment.
Paulo shared his thoughts about the new opportunity: “I am very excited to join the Ridder HortiMaX North American team now that growers are facing increased labor, water and regulation challenges. The Company has an updated portfolio of hardware and software products that will fit perfectly in the tool box of growers to produce more with fewer resources. I have known and used their products for years and trust the reliability, consistency and flexibility to accommodate the grower’s needs.”
For more information
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Other news in this sector: