Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Rijk Zwaan opens subsidiary in VietnamOn 1 January 2018, Rijk Zwaan Vietnam LLC will take over the sales activities from current exclusive Vietnam Rijk Zwaan distributor The Fruit Republic. With the establishment of this new sales subsidiary, Dutch-based breeding company Rijk Zwaan expects to reach a stronger market position in the region.
Rijk Zwaan has been active in Vietnam for more than 8 years. Thanks to the efforts of its local distributor, Rijk Zwaan is already a very well-known brand in the protected cultivation sector, and has grown to being market leader in red and yellow sweet pepper as well as gherkin, and holds a strong position in several other crops, such as snack cucumber, indoor tomato, hydroponic lettuce and melon. Rijk Zwaan Vietnam will further build on these foundations and use the structure and systems of parent company Rijk Zwaan to realize the next phase of growth.
The establishment of Rijk Zwaan Vietnam offers extra opportunities to growers. Jean-Marie Rozec, Country Manager: “Rijk Zwaan Vietnam will increase investments in product development for the country and we will be closely involved in variety trials around the world: this will have a positive impact on the assortment that we can offer to our Vietnamese customers and the speed with which we can introduce new varieties.”
Thanks to the international network and experience of Rijk Zwaan, the new subsidiary can also help growers with a wider range of information, such as international trends in cultivation as well as marketing. “In this way we expect to bring Vietnam horticulture to higher levels”, Rozec states.
The head office of Rijk Zwaan Vietnam is located in Ho Chi Minh City. Rijk Zwaan will be working in the Lam Dong region, Red River Delta and a Mekong region to guide growers and to further develop the country’s vegetable supply chain.
For more information:
Rijk Zwaan Vietnam
Jean-Marie Rozec – Country Manager
+84 28 7307 3993
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Other news in this sector: