Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgium: Heating installation sales warming upSince 1957, Flemish firm P. De Vijlder N.V. has been supplying heating installations to greenhouse horticulture, particularly in the vegetable sector. Owner Patrick De Vijlder: "Things are going well, you can see that people are investing more again. Currently we are working on a ten-hectares tomato greenhouse in France. In Belgium we are working on an eggplant greenhouse of 2.5 hectares, a lettuce nursery of over 5 hectares and a roof conservatory. Everything will be completed this year." Also for 2018 Patrick has already a number of jobs lined up.
Patrick with sons Pieter (left) and Kristof
P. De Vijlder N.V. has an annual turnover of 3 million euros. The company was founded by Pierre and Gaby De Vijlder, Patrick's parents. They started from their garage. Patrick joined the company at the age of 26. In September, the company celebrated its 60th anniversary with a big party.
Right: mother Gaby De Vijlder, co-founder of the company
This year the company moved from Lochristi to a modern building in Lokeren. With an outlook on the future, the third generation, who have been involved in the company since 2010, son Kristof takes care of the technical side while son Pieter deals with the business side of the company. With this move, P. De Vijlder N.V. is ready for the coming decades.
For more information:
De Vijlder P. N.V.
Patrick De Vijlder
Pieter De Vijlder
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Other news in this sector: