Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industries
Calls upon Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government to implement funded projects
Regional Chairman of Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FPCCI) on Horticulture Exports Ahmad Jawad has said that federal government funded three agriculture sector projects but Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government could not be implemented and a fund of Rs 103.727 million remained unutilised for last thirteen years.
In a statement here Monday, he said due to failure in timely completion the cost of the projects had reached Rs 202.500 million. The projects which were included are the establishment of Dhaki Dates Processing Plant at D I Khan, Haripur Collection Point & Cold Storage and Batkhela Collection Point & Cold Storage.
The objectives of the projects were to cater to the demands of fruits and vegetable growers, processors and exporters and to focus on the entire supply chain and were funded under Export Development Fund (EDF).
Jawad said Country horticulture sector remain neglected on part of the KP government despite having initiated numerous requests with the KP officials in writing. Even last year a letter was sent to the KP agriculture minister on budget recommendations but not a single recommendation was taken care of in the provincial budget.
The FPCCI official said KP province is blessed with National agriculture produce varieties with delicious fruits and vegetables, but is continuously ignored.
It is imperative that the Supply Chain may be developed in the valley of Swat, Charsada and other producing areas. Despite exporters were complaining on the lack of infrastructure.
Jawad also called upon the KP agriculture department to work closely with the FPCCI regional office so that the horticulture sector and its exports may flourish in the province.
1 Indian Rupee = 0.016 US Dollar
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Other news in this sector: