Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (WI): $31 million hydroponic greenhouse planned in Pleasant PrairieTomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and strawberries could soon be grown in hydroponic greenhouses that operate year-round in Pleasant Prairie.
The Pleasant Prairie Plan Commission voted 6-0 Monday night to approve plans from Prairie Produce Farm LLC to build two high-tech hydroponic greenhouses.
They will be built in multiple phases, on about 54.5 acres of a 65-acre site in the Green Hill Farm neighborhood at 122nd Street east of 88th Avenue. The property is to the northeast of the village’s recycling center.
The proposed $31 million development would be developed in an agricultural area that would not need rezoning. The commission acknowledged about 67 residential units originally part of the master plan for the area would be eliminated.
If approved by the Village Board, the Dutch-style hydroponic greenhouse operation would start with a 15.3-acre, 28-foot high building and would be the first state-of-the-art hydroponic operation of its kind in the state of Wisconsin, according to Jean Werbie-Harris, the village’s community development director.
Prairie Produce Farm is a sister company of DeFresco Produce and Sunrite Greenhouses, which have established greenhouse growing operations in Kingsville and Leamington, Ontario, Canada.
Read more at Kenosha News (Terry Flores)
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Other news in this sector: