- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Spain: Growing concern of the fruit & veg sector over Brexit negotiations
- CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- Gigantic concrete tomatoes to celebrate Tomato Days
- Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity
Top 5 -last week
GreenTech Amsterdam 2018 expands with co-hosted event TOFF
GreenTech Amsterdam and 7 founding fathers host the event
The organic farming sector is growing very fast. And at the same time, there’s increasing pressure on agriculture to work much cleaner and more sustainably. The recent discussions concerning the extension of the authorization of glyphosate in the EU and the very worrying results of investigations into the decrease in the number of insects and birds in Germany are alarming and reasons to act now. With the addition of TOFF, The Organic Farmers Fair, at GreenTech Amsterdam 2018 an exclusive group of exhibitors will host a separate hall at RAI Amsterdam on this theme. The founding fathers of this co-hosted event are: IFOAM, FiBL, Bejo, Delphy, DCM, Steketee and Koppert Biological Systems. Wageningen UR will be one of the supporting knowledge partners.
Focus on innovation & technology
There are endless questions about farm technology in organic agriculture. More and more companies, start-ups, universities, research institutes, farmers and market gardeners are working on innovations that are useful in practice. Organic farmers are often leaders in innovations and the usage of new technology. The Organic Farmers Fair is a good momentum for suppliers in seeds and seedlings, fertilizers, composting technology, biological pest control, weed control systems, GPS systems, soil cultivation, greenhouse horticulture, research and advice. These companies now have no suitable international trade fair to meet their customers.
Forefront role for the Netherlands in Organic Farming
The Netherlands plays a leading role in the technical development of (organic) agriculture and increasing and improving production. Domestic market grew by 11.5% in 2015 and by 13% in 2016 to around 1.5 billion domestic market and 1.2 billion euros in exports, the EU market exceeded 30 billion euros. The world market is heading towards the 100 billion euro per year turnover. Markets are developing fast, but so does organic farming technology as well. There are several thousand companies that are international suppliers of organic agriculture. Therefore the location at RAI Amsterdam and the momentum of the TOFF event during GreenTech Amsterdam 2018 is very logical and also offers very good opportunities to combine the fair with interesting excursions to innovative organic companies, and demo fields in the Netherlands.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/12/2018 ESA Annual Meeting sets new record of attendance
- 10/11/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/10/2018 Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 10/10/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment
- 10/10/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe opens its doors
- 10/10/2018 UK: Growing media developments in vegetable propagation
- 10/09/2018 Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- 10/09/2018 "Diversity in visitors resulted in good quality attendance"
- 10/09/2018 140 kg large pumpkin brightens up Shanghai Chenshan Gardens
- 10/09/2018 “Once a good basis has been laid, it is about the fine-tuning, the details”
- 10/08/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
- 10/08/2018 "Greenhouse as starting point for new products and updates"
- 10/08/2018 UK: Latest research to be revealed at Soft Fruit Day
- 10/08/2018 Australia: PCA members to go on tour again
- 10/08/2018 US (VA): VSU to host 31st Annual Aquaculture Field Day
- 10/05/2018 International Asparagus Days conference - programme finalised
- 10/05/2018 "Zimbabwe will become one of Africa's largest exporters"
- 10/05/2018 "Once the foundation is right, it's about the refinement, the details"