- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- French growers get new option for biological crop protection
- Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- New facility to research the farm of the future
- Price of Chinese greenhouse tomatoes increases as open-field tomato production season ends
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- US: MycoApply Ultrafine Endo now available in 1 lb. bags
- Singapore recalls Malaysian iceberg lettuce over pesticide content
- New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
Iran to transfer vegetable farms to greenhouses
The area under greenhouse cultivation in Iran presently spans 12,157 hectares, 38 percent higher compared to mid-2013 when President Hassan Rouhani took office, said Valiollah Bani-Ameri, executive of the Greenhouse Expansion Project undertaken by the Ministry of Agriculture.
The ministry plans to increase the country's greenhouse area to more than 48,000 hectares by the end of the 20-Year Vision Plan (2005-25), Bani-Ameri was quoted as saying.
The official noted that the ministry expects to produce 21 million tons of agro products in greenhouses per year when the project is completed.
Read more at Xinhua
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse