Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gift packaging at Mac Fruit Attraction China
During the second day at Mac Fruit Attraction China, many (Chinese) exhibitors presented the various gift packagings available. At least 75% of producers and traders had them, meaning this is not only a trend, but an actual style.
Kiwis, apples, strawberries, cherries, melons: these were just some of the products displayed on 23rd November in Shanghai. Mac fruit President Renzo Piraccini has observed this phenomenon for the past few years. "It is a nice gesture to give fruit as a gift. Of course these are rather pricey products depending on the type of packaging."
A product for medium-high social classes, that are on the rise in China. Although it still isn't the majority, we are still talking about millions of people.
A trader reported that he would be happy to make high-quality packaging with Italian fruit, as some consumers are in love with Italian produce. The problem is that it is difficult to get organised, as nothing can be imported.
Some of the packaging options were truly spectacular, especially those with strawberries arranged as chocolates on a foam rubber base. Quality needs to perfect. Fruit in bad shape or, even worse, rotten, is not allowed. Retail prices are high and there are dedicated sections in supermarkets.
"I don't believe this trend will catch on in Italy soon, but I must say that the gift of high-quality fruit is always welcome." Maybe someone could use this as a valid alternative to traditional packaging.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Other news in this sector: