Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Southshore Greenhouses increases productivity by over 30%Nishan Antaal (general manager) and Luis Sanchez (assistant grower) at Southshore Greenhouses, Kingsville Ontario, present their solution to tackle labour quality issues in this video. Southshore had been searching for ways to increase employee productivity for years, until this forward-thinking operation finally found HortiMaX Productive.
Productive has enabled Southshore Greenhouses to increase productivity by more than 30%. The increase in worker productivity not only benefits the grower but also allows the worker to earn a better wage. Although the Ontario, CA, government is introducing hikes in minimum wage, productive Southshore workers are already earning much more than minimum wage, with some earning over $18 an hour. Productive employees are enjoying the fruits of their labour with higher pay while working less hours.
With HortiMaX Productive’s ability to integrate a piece work system, greenhouse operations can reduce the number of employees needed per acre while increasing the amount of production. Through their hard work and dedication, employees have the ability to earn more while working fewer hours, creating optimal working conditions.
By utilizing HortiMaX Productive, supervisors are aware of the number of carts that each worker is picking. This information allows them to make informed decisions on piece work rates, and picking pace. Not only does Productive showcase each worker’s responsibility, but the system is also a great tool for team motivation. Employee results are broadcasted on a monitor within the facility, allowing every member of the team to view each other’s performance.
Southshore finds the HortiMaX Productive reporting easy to use and extremely flexible. HortiMaX Productive allows supervisors to view data in ways that make sense. Supervisors could view reports based on varieties, pick dates, and greenhouse facility right down to the row.
For more information:
T: +31(0)15 3620300
F: +31(0)15 3693038
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Other news in this sector: