Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Growers are discovering the benefits of high tunnelsAcross the U.S., farmers are discovering the benefits of high tunnels. NRCS can help producers integrate high tunnels into their operations and provide financial assistance through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).
“We have really cold, wet springs with a lot of rain. High tunnels allow people to get into the ground and start producing crops earlier. They can also help people extend the growing season later as we go into the rains in the fall,” said Danny Perich, certified organic farmer, Full Plate Farm, WA.
“We got high tunnel assistance from NRCS and it’s completely changed the way we farm tomatoes. We are able to get 103 tomato plants in there. Before we would do maybe 40. We’re also able to grow things during the winter, which we’ve never been able to do before. We’re even able to grow things in the winter, which we’ve never been able to do before,” Stacey Givens, urban farmer, Side Yard Farm and Kitchen, Ridgefield, WA.
Read more at the Wisconsin State Farmer
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Other news in this sector: