- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Copa and Cogeca and Freshfel promote #FruitVeg4You campaign
Statistics show that European consumers eat on average 353 g of fresh fruit and vegetables a day which is below the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendation of a minimum of 400 grammes. This Social Media Campaign aims to encourage consumers to eat more and raise awareness of the importance of having a healthy and balanced diet by including the minimum daily intake of fruit and vegetables in it.
Supporting the Campaign to the public outside European Parliament, MEP Hilde Vautmans said “I support this initiative because I really want to encourage people to eat more fruit and vegetables every day. It’s really good for your health and for our European farmers who are still suffering the Russian export ban. We have the best European products. We encourage you to eat 3 or 4 pieces a day”.
Outlining ways to boost consumption, she said “In Belgium, for example, if a fruit basket is offered to employees, the tax rate can be diminished. Every week, a basket of fruit is delivered for people who work for me”. She also highlighted the importance of the EU School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme to encourage healthy eating habits at a young age.
This Campaign is a joint commitment by the European Fresh Produce Association Freshfel and Copa and Cogeca to the EU Platform on Diet, Physical Activity and Health.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/17/2018 Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- 10/17/2018 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 10/15/2018 Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
- 10/08/2018 "Toss a tomato, win some dough"
- 09/25/2018 US (IL): Mobile farmers market makes fresh produce accessible and affordable
- 09/21/2018 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- 09/19/2018 US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- 08/20/2018 "A third of European fruit and veg crop too ugly to sell"