Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Freight Farms expands reach into Asia with new partnership with Everlane
Freight Farms announced Everlane as a new partner, who plans to purchase and launch three of the company's Leafy Green Machines at Saitex, their LEED-certified denim factory in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Everlane will be placing the farms at Saitex to provide its workers with two healthy meals a day. This project is made possible by Everlane's Black Friday Fund, an annual initiative which uses Black Friday sales to improve the lives of workers at factories like Saitex.
Everlane's contribution addresses the rampant use of unregulated pesticides in Vietnam, which has severely degraded soil health and water quality. As a result, existing sources of local agriculture leave Saitex's employees at risk to exposure to dangerous chemicals.
"Since 2014, the Black Friday Fund has allowed us to invest in projects that give back to the workers at our factories," said Michael Preysman, founder, Everlane. "This year, we are excited to partner with Freight Farms to build a farm that will provide the workers at Saitex two healthy meals per day that are pesticide free and grown in the cleanest way possible."
"We're thrilled to empower Everlane and Saitex to grow fresh and clean lettuce for their workers. The container's controlled environment enables anyone to grow produce at a commercial scale without the need for pesticides or herbicides, and with very little water consumption," said Brad McNamara, co-founder, Freight Farms.
For more information:
Tel: +1 781 966 4145
Mob: +1 978 460 4449
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Other news in this sector: