Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MD): MariMed opens cannabis cultivation facility in HagerstownKind Therapeutics has successfully passed the Maryland Cannabis Commission compliance inspection of its newly renovated facility designed and developed by MariMed and has commenced cultivation in Hagerstown Maryland at the site of the former Statton Furniture Company. MariMed acquired the 180,000 sq. ft. property, which had been vacant for a decade, and renovated it into a secure, state of the art cannabis cultivation and production facility. MariMed has leased the facility to Kind Therapeutics, which is expected to employ up to 100 staff and have capacity to produce over two tons of high quality organic cannabis medicine.
Kind Therapeutics has germinated its first crop of medical cannabis in Hagerstown. After harvest and processing, for the first time, patients will have access to MariMed’s licensed Kalm Fusion and Betty’s Eddies precision dosed cannabis infused products.
Utilizing MariMed’s proven practices and procedures, Kind’s team has successfully begun cultivation of its first cannabis crop. Kind expects to distribute and sell cannabis medicine and products from its first harvest throughout Maryland in the first quarter of 2018.
“Kind Therapeutics’ cultivation team has quickly learned our MariMed processes that have been proven effective in facilities we developed and manage in multiple states,” stated Tim Shaw, MariMed COO. “We’re thrilled to be partnering to bring economic development and skilled jobs to the area while doing what MariMed does best: providing the management services and branded formulations that will help Kind Therapeutics excel at cultivation, production and distribution of safe, effective, precision-dosed medical cannabis for certified patients’ relief.”
“MariMed has been a true partner in providing expertise and best practices to navigate the complex regulatory requirements,” stated Kind Therapeutics CEO Dr. Susan Zimmerman. “They took us smoothly from license applicant to completion of a state of the art facility that will create some of the highest quality products in the state.”
For more information:
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Other news in this sector: