Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Czech Republic: 40,000 tomato seedlings planted in greenhouse in MoraviaAfter the turn of the year, Czech consumers will be able to enjoy fresh tomatoes grown in Moravia, consequently reducing dependence on imports. This will be possible thanks to the planting of over 40,000 cherry tomato plants in a supermodern greenhouse (one of the largest in the country) located in the city of Velké Němčice. The plants will be grown hydroponically on coconut fibre.
"An advantage of this method is the purity and hygiene of the system. It also allows for better water management. Water enriched with nutrients flows continuously to the plants. The surplus then flows into the tank, adjusts again and returns to the plants. Most of the consumption is covered by rainstorms," explained Jiří Stodůlka, head of the team. Every year they would like to harvest about 1,400 tonnes.
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Other news in this sector: