Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Sjaak Langeslag joins Agrinetwork AllianceSjaak Langeslag has joined Agrinetwork Alliance. Agrinetwork Alliance is a cooperative aimed at helping foreign companies and authorities find their way in Dutch horticulture and agribusiness.
Langeslag is well known both nationally and internationally for his presidency of the Royal Dutch Flower Bulb Growers’ Association, a position which he had for more than twenty years until 2013, and for his membership of the board of the Dutch growers union (LTO) in The Hague. In the latter position he was responsible for the (international) crop protection policy of LTO.
Langeslag held numerous other responsible positions, including membership of the executive board of the Dutch flower bulb quality inspection service, chairman of the board of the Dutch flower bulb research station, vice chairman of the international flower bulb promotion organisation and chairman of the Dutch Council for Horticulture (NTR) - the initiator of the Floriade exhibitions. In the International Association for Horticultural Producers (AIPH) he became chairman of the marketing committee, member of the executive board and in 2008 Secretary General of AIPH. Furthermore, Langeslag represented the Dutch horticultural industry in the Council of the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
Langeslag holds a degree in crop protection from Wageningen University. Apart from his work for Agrinetwork Alliance, Langeslag is currently serving as member of the executive board of the Rijnland District Water Authority and as Commissioner for various companies.
Team members within Agrinetwork Alliance, from left to right: Clemens Stolk, Mia Buma and Sjaak Langeslag
Agrinetwork Alliance was founded two years ago by three independent consultants, Aad van Elsen, Mia Buma and Clemens Stolk, with the aim of helping foreign parties to find their way in the Dutch horticultural industry. Aad van Elsen however laid down his activities within Agrinetwork Alliance earlier this year due to health reasons.
“I recognize the need in the market for knowledgeable and reliable partners who can build bridges to the Dutch horticultural industry”, says Langeslag. “A lot of companies and organisations outside the Netherlands would like to become connected to the innovative Dutch horticultural system, but don’t know where to start. That’s exactly where we come in”.
“We are very happy with the reinforcement of Agrinetwork Alliance offered by Sjaak”, says Clemens. “Both Mia and I have worked with Sjaak in the past and we are happy that we can now cooperate with him in Agrinetwork Alliance.”
The services offered by Agrinetwork Alliance include:
- Finding independent information on Dutch horticultural and agricultural industries, government authorities and legislation;
- Matchmaking with business partners or scientists, or other relevant contacts in the industry;
- Arranging of (company) visits and tailor made seminars;
- Feasibility studies aimed at assessing the chances of success of a proposed innovation or business case;
- Public Affairs.
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Other news in this sector: