- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- Corn and tomato crops flattened by Hurricane Michael
- Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Over 500 greenhouses built in Qatar since siege"
The new facilities will not only help increase the local produce of vegetables that assumed great importance after blockade but will also keep giving yield round the year.
“Since the beginning of the siege till now, local farmers established more than 500 greenhouses – air-conditioned and shaded at an area measuring about 280,000 sqm,” said Yusuf Khalid Al Khulaifi, Director of Agricultural Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment.
Speaking in a talk show “Taraheeb” of Al Rayan TV, Al Khulaifi said that the local farms built new greenhouses taking their responsibility to increase the production in a bid to meet the growing demand of vegetables in the local market.
“Now we have to play our role as citizens and expatriates to buy their products to encourage the production,” said Al Khulaifi.
Read more at The Peninsula (Sanaullah Ataullah)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse
- 10/12/2018 US (MA): Berry plant grower doubles greenhouse space
- 10/11/2018 Russia: 8 ha greenhouse complex to be built in Stavropol by 2020
- 10/11/2018 Nigeria mulls 100 new greenhouse farms for vegetable, tomatoes
- 10/11/2018 Iran turns to Turkey for assistance in greenhouse development
- 10/09/2018 Autumn harvest of Chinese snow peas and sugar snaps approaching
- 10/09/2018 US (HI): High-tech hydroponic kitchen planned on Lanai
- 10/09/2018 CAN (BC): Delta to impose greenhouse rules for Tsawwassen property
- 10/08/2018 Russia: Greenhouse crops hit record high
- 10/08/2018 US (NC): Verdesian opens new greenhouse at Duke University
- 10/08/2018 US: Options for including cover crops in high tunnel rotations
- 10/08/2018 "AI must outperform growers’ green fingers"
- 10/08/2018 Kazakhstan: Number of greenhouses on the rise in Turkestan
- 10/05/2018 Russia: Mushroom greenhouse opened in Tula