Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Over 500 greenhouses built in Qatar since siege"To boost local agricultural produce, more than 500 greenhouses with a total area of 280,000sqm have been added to the existing capacity of local farms in the past five months, said an official.
The new facilities will not only help increase the local produce of vegetables that assumed great importance after blockade but will also keep giving yield round the year.
“Since the beginning of the siege till now, local farmers established more than 500 greenhouses – air-conditioned and shaded at an area measuring about 280,000 sqm,” said Yusuf Khalid Al Khulaifi, Director of Agricultural Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment.
Speaking in a talk show “Taraheeb” of Al Rayan TV, Al Khulaifi said that the local farms built new greenhouses taking their responsibility to increase the production in a bid to meet the growing demand of vegetables in the local market.
“Now we have to play our role as citizens and expatriates to buy their products to encourage the production,” said Al Khulaifi.
Read more at The Peninsula (Sanaullah Ataullah)
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Other news in this sector: