Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 4, Pismo Beach
US (CA): 10 Women Ag Leaders set to graduate from UnitedAg academyUnitedAg, a member-owned agricultural trade association representing more than 700 organizations in California and Arizona, will hold its annual WomenAg Leadership Academy graduation at The Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach on December 4th at 6:30 p.m. Fiona Ma, Board Member, Board of Equalization will be the special guest speaker, with Rachel Michelin, Executive Director & CEO of California Women Lead., and UnitedAg Board Members & Trustees in attendance.
The graduation is a culmination of a one year program that focuses on the unique needs of women in agriculture. The ten members of the graduating class were identified rising leaders who participated in workshops and coursework designed to develop their leadership skills. The program provided professional training and resources from California Women Lead, the largest non-partisan association of women leaders.
“Agribusiness is extremely important and will be even more important in years to come and we need to focus on igniting internally and inspiring more women to lead,” said Kirti Mutatkar, President and CEO of UnitedAg.
The ten members of the graduating class are Deborah Adam (Owner of Innovative Produce, Inc.), Julia Belliard (Executive Director of APMA), Loretta Brown (Office Manager of Rijk Zwaan USA, Inc.), Donna France (Vice President/Secretary of Red Dog Management, Inc.), Carrie Jordan (Office Manager & HR Director of Babé Farms, Inc.), Zinnia Loya (Commercial Sales Specialist of Medium House), Maribel Ochoa (Membership & Marketing Manager of UnitedAg), Sylvia Sanchez (HR Director of Saticoy Lemon Association), Melissa Shiffrar (Controller of Rancho Guadalupe, LLC), and Veronica Urzua (HR Director of Pacific International Marketing, Inc.).
UnitedAg has developed and cultivated the WomenAg Leadership Academy for a select group of women in the ag community to network with and learn from highly experienced and accomplished agricultural community leaders, both men and women, who educate and mentor the class as they develop their expertise and define their own leadership paths. UnitedAg will continue this mission in 2018. Applications for the 2018 WomenAg Leadership Academy are open now.
For more information:
54 Corporate Park
Irvine, CA 92606-5105
T: (800) 223-4590
F: (949) 975-1671
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Other news in this sector: