- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Indoor Farms of America presents solar powered vertical aeroponic farm
"This farm represents a major milestone for indoor farming. Everyone in the industry knows that the additional investment of solar energy generation to power an indoor farm can turn a solid return on that investment into a long term money loser, due to the length of time to recapture those extra investment dollars." states David Martin, CEO of Indoor Farms of America.
"Using solar technology to power up our vertical aeroponics, which grows fresh crops that are simply beyond organic, is really a great story, if the economics work", says Martin. "Our equipment was specifically designed to create that tangible R.O.I., which is the only yardstick that frankly matters in an indoor space, and furthers how we transcend anything else in the industry."
In addition to being powered by solar energy, this farm is special to the company, as it represents one of numerous farms the company has built that are owned and operated by traditional agriculture folks, according to company President, Ron Evans. "When you can convert an older barn or outbuilding on a farm into a state of the art indoor farming facility, and operate that farm within a short distance to market, you are achieving the best of all worlds in farming. This farm is twenty minutes from market, so local people will have access to daily fresh herbs and greens that they have never experienced before, all year long, no matter what the weather or time of year."
The company also announces additional sales in international markets. "We are really pleased to have been chosen as the containerized farm supplier for an extreme weather area of the world, in Northern Canada, where we are delivering a Model 8775 to the town of Yellowknife", says Martin. "This farm will experience temps of minus 40 Celsius, and we have spent the past year in continual R&D to ensure our turn-key farms can operate anywhere on the planet."
The area of West Africa, known as the Ivory Coast, is receiving its first world class indoor farm, in the form of a Model 6825. "Here again, we were chosen over all competitors due to the fact our containerized farm models grow over double the yield of anything else in the world", according to Martin.
The U.A.E. is receiving its first vertical aeroponic farm from IFOA, located in Dubai, which is set to open for business in January, 2018. "Dubai will now have unprecedented access to daily fresh premiums herbs, and fresh strawberries", states Martin.
"If you are in Dubai in the first week of December, be sure to stop by the WOP Dubai event and see our display", says Ron Evans. "You can also visit with us at the Farm Forum event in Calgary, Alberta Canada that same week. We are always a show stopper at the events our equipment is displayed at."
Indoor Farms of America has a showroom with demonstration farms operating in Las Vegas, Nevada and in multiple locations in Canada, and in South Africa, where their patented vertical aeroponic equipment is on display.
For more information:
Indoor Farms of America
4020 W. Ali Baba Lane Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone (888) 603-7866
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course
- 10/02/2018 South Africa: Philippi households to get lessons on hydroponics
- 10/02/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?
- 10/02/2018 AVF Hong Kong event leads to industry roadmap
- 10/01/2018 US vertical farm supplier partners with Spanish greenhouse builder