Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru legalizes medical marijuanaPeruvian president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski (PPK) has signed the first law that regulates the medicinal and therapeutic use of medical marijuana, an unprecedented decision in the country’s history.
During the signing, PPK, who was accompanied by the premier Mercedes Aráoz and the Minister of Health, Fernando D’Alessio, stressed that “the government is in charge of supervising the operation of the law.”
“Here we are breaking a myth, for that I congratulate those who have promoted the law, the congressmen Alberto De Belaunde, Tania Pariona and Gloria Montenegro,” he said.
The president added that with the new regulation “Peru is turning several pages moving towards modernity”; he noted that the legislation dispenses with prejudices and myths on the subject.
PPK said, in addition, that it is now imperative to provide sensible and comprehensive enforcement of law, a process in which he called for all to participate in collaboration with the government.
Now it is expected that in at least 60 days the regulation of the law will be drafted to include the concerns of all civil society groups, among them, the mothers of the association “Wanted Hope”, who were the precursors to develop artisanal medicinal cannabis.
Read more at Pan Am Post (Sabrina Martín)
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Other news in this sector: