- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Rufus Isaacs receives award for excellence in integrated pest management
- Russia: Year-round greenhouse complex to be built in Moscow region
- "A good employee is worth a lot, at least a cool smartphone"
- ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
Top 5 -last week
November 27, Clinton
US (NC): Butler Family Farm, Extension helping high tunnel novices
Sampson County Cooperative Extension is hosting a High Tunnel Production workshop for interested farmers and growers from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27, at Butler Family Farm, 110 Goodman Butler Road, Clinton. The workshop is for new high tunnel growers or anyone interested in purchasing one. In agriculture, high tunnels may be used to extend the growing season and enhance growth and yield for a variety of horticultural crops.
The upcoming event will feature a demonstration from Butler. Butler’s family has operated the farm for many generations. It was started by his grandfather in 1909 and now produces a variety of crops. With the right tools, tomatoes can grow inside the tunnel all year-round. Butler is now in the fall growing season after having success in the spring.
“With anything else, it’s a learning process for us, but I think we made some pretty good inroads this year,” Butler said about the process, which is new to his farm.
Read more at The Sampson Independent (Chase Jordan)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- 10/19/2018 "Dutch horticulture can help China with safe and clean food production"
- 10/19/2018 Hort suppliers find their way to PMA
- 10/18/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/17/2018 US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
- 10/16/2018 Data: what are the opportunities for greenhouse horticulture?
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Western Sydney greenhouse growers' tour
- 10/15/2018 US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/12/2018 ESA Annual Meeting sets new record of attendance
- 10/11/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/10/2018 Application Pro Manager Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 10/10/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment
- 10/10/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe opens its doors
- 10/10/2018 UK: Growing media developments in vegetable propagation
- 10/09/2018 Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- 10/09/2018 "Diversity in visitors resulted in good quality attendance"
- 10/09/2018 140 kg large pumpkin brightens up Shanghai Chenshan Gardens
- 10/09/2018 “Once a good basis has been laid, it is about the fine-tuning, the details”