Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line North America appoints Omar Shamsie as new president
Maersk Line North America, based in Florham Park, has appointed Omar Shamsie, a 28-year veteran of the company, as its new president.
Shamsie will assume his new role on Dec. 1. He is being promoted from president of the company’s Latin America and the Caribbean operations.
Before that, he served as president of Maersk Line Canada. He will report to Vincent Clerc, chief commercial officer, and will replace Michael White, who was recently named head of global trade digitisation for Maersk Transport & Logistics, a new position.
“I’ve had the opportunity to watch Omar develop as a leader at Maersk over the years and I am convinced there is no better person to lead our North America team,” said Clerc in a written statement. “I’m confident Omar will deliver the same remarkable ability to connect people, a vision and ideas to drive our strategy and customer focus in the region.”
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Other news in this sector: