- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Organic Wisconsin dairy turned to packaged Brussels sprouts
- Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- Knowledge is key at 7th International Propagation Seminar
- Australia: Hort Innovation Board candidates announced
Green House, Organa Brands and Canopy Growth create cannabis JV
To establish the JV, Canopy Growth will allocate a portion of ownership in ACMPR-licensed Agripharm, a 20,000 sq. ft. indoor growing facility located in Creemore, Ontario, to its new partners. Canopy Growth will retain 40% ownership of Agripharm, while Green House and Organa Brands will own 40% and 20%, respectively, of Agripharm. In exchange for the issuance of shares, Green House and Organa Brands have granted an exclusive, royalty-free licence in Canada to certain proprietary technology, trademarks, genetics, know-how and other intellectual property to Agripharm, subject to compliance with applicable law.
The JV will create a new Canadian home-base for Green House and Organa Brands where they will work together with Canopy Growth to produce cannabis products for the Canadian market. Pursuant to the JV, the Company has the right to purchase all of the cannabis products produced by Agripharm to be exclusively distributed via Canopy Growth’s national channels, subject to limited exceptions. In addition, the Company will sublicense the proprietary technology, trademarks, genetics, know-how and other intellectual property from Agripharm in order to ensure that Canopy Growth is able to satisfy consumer demand across Canada for the suite of Green House and Organa Brands products.
Although Agripharm is focused on the Canadian market, Canopy Growth, Green House, Organa Brands and their respective affiliates will also explore other federally-legal international opportunities as they arise, including with respect to medical research and development opportunities, product distribution platforms, and brick-and-mortar retail locations. Agripharm will not conduct any business in the United States.
“Our business has separated itself from the competition by focusing on brands and products that resonate with people but also because we’ve found creative ways to collaborate with like-minded businesses to increase the breadth of our product offering,” said Mark Zekulin, President, Canopy Growth. “From world-class breeders like our partners DNA Genetics and now Green House Seeds, to sector innovators like Organa Brands, to cultural icons like Snoop Dogg, we work with the best in order to bring the best possible cannabis forward to our customers.”
The JV is expected to close on or about December 1, 2017. Operationally, Canopy Growth will transfer oversight to its new collaborators who will operate a pristine licensed facility with modular growing rooms designed to produce cannabis flowers. Green House will oversee day-to-day operations and bring their own expertise into cultivation, while Organa will implement extraction functions as new and novel value-add products become part of the regulatory environment. Canopy Rivers Corporation, a partly-owned subsidiary of Canopy Growth, has also entered into an agreement to provide the JV with up to $20 million in funding for the expansion of the facility in exchange for ongoing royalty payments and a warrant to acquire up to 4% of the issued and outstanding common shares.
"For 30 years Green House Brands has been at the forefront of cannabis legalization by advocating for its normalization and expansion into new territories," said Arjan Roskam, the founder of Green House Brands. "We're now operating in four continents (Europe, Africa, South America and North America) and thanks to this new partnership with these two prominent market leaders in the industry, Canopy and Organa Brands, we will create even more opportunities globally to help the world access cannabis in a legal way. This epic move will allow us to maintain our position as a world leader in genetics and cannabis retail, while alerting the cannabis consumer that we will continue striving to make cannabis available worldwide for all medicinal and recreational consumers one day."
"We are incredibly excited about this new partnership - since the inception of Organa Brands, one of the key tenets of our business has been forming smart partnerships with mutually beneficial results. Working with Canopy and Green House has been a surreal moment as we continue to fully recognize the impact of what this deal means for the industry as a whole," said Organa Brands Co-Founder, Jeremy Heidl. "We couldn't have asked for better partners in Canada and beyond - this new global partnership will prove to be a defining moment for all parties involved."
For more information on this new partnership click here.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- 10/12/2018 CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- 10/12/2018 UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- 10/12/2018 MedMen to acquire PharmaCann for US$682 million
- 10/11/2018 Canopy Growth completes first legal MMJ export from Canada to US
- 10/11/2018 US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
- 10/08/2018 US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- 10/08/2018 ICC breaks ground on Colombian Cannabis Centre of Excellence
- 10/05/2018 CAN (BC): Bevo Agro taken over by cannabis grower, changes name to Zenabis
- 10/05/2018 Hemp cultivation reaches new highs... in space
- 10/04/2018 US (CO): Some growers want specific organic cannabis designation
- 10/03/2018 Canada: Hawthorne's cannabis partner Flowr goes public
- 10/03/2018 "CO2 foliar spray leads to 74% increased commercial cannabis bud value"
- 10/02/2018 Canadian cannabis grower leases 87,120 sq.ft. greenhouse in Italy
- 10/01/2018 CAN (BC): $40 million investment for 2,200,000 sq.ft. cannabis greenhouse
- 09/28/2018 Canada: Supreme Cannabis signs $12M guaranteed supply agreement with Tilray
- 09/27/2018 The Great Clone Transfer
- 09/26/2018 Earth Alive welcomes Dave McAdam to develop Dr. Marijane root probiotic
- 09/25/2018 US (NJ): Tomato grower applies for MMJ license
- 09/21/2018 Canadian grower gets green light to export MMJ to US