- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- New Zealand: Tomato grower goes on bug scouting expedition
- The challenge to improve crops in a changing world
- US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- CAN (ON): How cannabis is transforming the Tomato Capital of Canada
- Australia: Western Sydney greenhouse growers' tour
Top 5 -last month
- ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- "Congress should support organic farming"
- "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
Top 5 -last week
Substrates for hydroponics and aquaponics
Buffering capacity is a measure of how efficient a substrate resists changes in pH. A high buffering capacity will neutralize a nutrient solution if an acid or base is added. Porosity is the amount of open space that allows for air exchange in a substance. A high porosity material will allow for more air exchange. Water holding capacity is the amount of water a substance can retain. A substrate with a low water holding capacity does not retain water well. Cation-exchange capacity is the amount of salts or ions a particular substance can store. A high cation-exchange capacity would allow for a high salt content in the material that may be used at a later time when the liquid solution may be devoid of salt content.
Read more at the Stuppy blog (Scott Moore)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Cotton wool mats used to grow microgreens
- 10/09/2018 BVB Substrates joins forces with Kekkilä
- 10/08/2018 "Producing more with less water and nutrients"
- 10/04/2018 "Better distribution of water throughout the day"
- 10/03/2018 “Enriched substrates make plants more resistant”
- 10/03/2018 "Seaweed could be key to lower nutrient and water use in horticulture"
- 10/02/2018 Grodan opens its first production facility in Russia
- 09/27/2018 "Wood fiber blends offer increased sustainability"
- 09/26/2018 Coir supplier celebrates 3 decades in business at CGC
- 09/21/2018 "Many suppliers can bring you coco, only a few can bring you a product consistent and uniform"
- 09/19/2018 "Brown Grow Quality Products Continues to Reach Customers"
- 09/17/2018 Australia: Coir waste management for hydroponics in berries
- 09/12/2018 UK: Summer’s drought spurs on efforts to reduce peat use
- 08/30/2018 Oboya receives several orders on substrates in China
- 08/15/2018 New Kenyan coco peat producer sources locally
- 08/07/2018 First RPP labelled growing media on the market
- 08/07/2018 Horticubes retail packs suitable for growers big and small
- 07/20/2018 Small amount of zinc essential for formation of growth substance of the plant
- 07/13/2018 Commercial growers get new wood fiber option
- 07/05/2018 Response of bell pepper to cultivation in coconut fiber or soil