Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (AR): Veterans start community garden to inspire other vetsJerry Martin is a veteran and a farmer, but not just any kind of farmer.
Martin said, "I'm a Vietnam Veteran. I went into service in 1969."
The goal is to provide fresh farm to table vegetables for the Northwest Arkansas community. "Vet Veggies is a concept where we provide fresh local vegetables," said Martin.
Martin and his team want to help veterans across the country get out of the office and into the dirt. Martin said, "So many Veterans now get out and accept a job that a headhunter's found for them and a lot of times that's not a pair of shoes that fits them."
Vet Veggies harvests 600 heads of lettuce every week using hydroponics.
Read more at Arkansas Matters
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Other news in this sector: