- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- Village Farms launches 'sweet' or 'smooth' campaign
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- NZ food prices ease as lettuce prices plunge
- US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- "Responsible work in a great team"
- CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
US: International leaders discuss next frontiers in indoor agriculture
Caleb Harper, principal investigator and director of the Open Agriculture (OpenAG) initiative at the MIT Media Lab, delivered keynote remarks at the FFAR event.
KeyGene, one of the sponsors of Crops in Controlled Environments Convening Event, contributed with a presentation of Stephen Schauer. Focus was how KeyGene technologies can be deployed to improve the viability of urban food production systems and vertical farming.
“Controlled Environment Agriculture is an exciting area of innovation at the intersection of biology, artificial intelligence, software and hardware that has the potential to deliver a stable food supply with consistent quality, just in time for consumers who value hyper local and sustainable products,” said Robin Lougee, Research Industry Lead for Consumer Products and Agriculture at IBM Research. “We’re excited to host this important event at the IBM Research THINKLab.”
The Foundation’s work in Urban Food Systems aims to enhance our ability to feed urban populations through urban and peri-urban agriculture, augmenting the capabilities of our current food system. The first Urban Food Systems grant was awarded to AeroFarms for work with Rutgers University to define the relationships between stressed plants, the phytochemicals they produce and the taste and texture of the specialty crops grown. The work will result in commercial production of improved leafy green varieties and yield science-based best practices for farming.
For more information:
Agro Business Park 90
6708 PW Wageningen
P.O. Box 216
6700 AE Wageningen
T +31 (0)317 466 866
F +31 (0)317 424 939
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course
- 10/02/2018 South Africa: Philippi households to get lessons on hydroponics
- 10/02/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?
- 10/02/2018 AVF Hong Kong event leads to industry roadmap
- 10/01/2018 US vertical farm supplier partners with Spanish greenhouse builder