- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Mexico: the next level industry
And what did we see other than tacos, tequila, Gringos and greenhouses? Well, give us some time to wipe the dust off our cameras to make a full photo recap this weekend. On Monday it will all be included in our newsletter, but here are some quick snapshots to give you an impression of what kind of new trends we spotted at the 2017 Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato!
Mexican labour might be cheap, but if you can’t get anyone to work for you things become challenging. Therefore automation like packing machinery, sorting equipment and logistical systems are winning terrain at rapid pace.
Oh yes. U.S. and Canadian greenhouse growers are shifting their cropping schedules every year with a few days or weeks, and the Mexicans want to extend their seasons too. We spotted this multilayer Heliospectra LED germination system that is developed to speed up NatureSweet’s propagation program. Other large greenhouse growers also confirmed to be investigating the use of supplemental lighting.
No longer to be considered a trend, but soon perhaps to be called as the fourth biggest protected crop after tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. We saw interesting developments in regards to production system designs, varieties and marketing.
Precision ag is a reality. Sometimes a virtual one, but it will not take much time until drones and AGVs become a standard in Mexican row crops, undoubtedly paving the way for an introduction to the greenhouse industry.
Patron Agri Systems
Asesores en Invernaderos
Ben & Jacob Vandenbosch
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
- 09/19/2018 US (IN): How agriculture technologies can be scaled up to save lives
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 UK: Brassicas and Leafy Salads Conference
- 09/17/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/17/2018 Higher than expected turnout at Rijk Zwaan open day
- 09/17/2018 UK: Growing media developments in soft fruit propagation
- 09/17/2018 ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- 09/14/2018 Wanted: Future proof vegetable producers
- 09/13/2018 Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
- 09/13/2018 US: 2018 Virginia Smart Farming Conference postponed
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Indoor Ag-Con pops up in Brooklyn
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Sustainability symposium to focus on biological products
- 09/13/2018 Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- 09/12/2018 The newest technology in lighting your commercial grow
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
- 09/11/2018 US: Semi trucks carrying fruit overturn, in Oklahoma and California
- 09/10/2018 "How does LED technology benefit a growing business?"