- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
How substrate structure influences air porosity
Air porosity is the percentage of air contained in a fixed volume of substrate after the substrate is saturated with water and the free water has drained. The higher the air porosity, the more oxygen the roots can acquire.
It is important to mention that some substrate components, like perlite, have closed pores. Therefore, even when the substrate is completely saturated, there are trapped air pockets within the component that cannot be used by the roots.
Read more at PRO-MIX (Jose Chen Lopez)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 "Many suppliers can bring you coco, only a few can bring you a product consistent and uniform"
- 09/19/2018 "Brown Grow Quality Products Continues to Reach Customers"
- 09/17/2018 Australia: Coir waste management for hydroponics in berries
- 09/12/2018 UK: Summer’s drought spurs on efforts to reduce peat use
- 08/30/2018 Oboya receives several orders on substrates in China
- 08/15/2018 New Kenyan coco peat producer sources locally
- 08/07/2018 First RPP labelled growing media on the market
- 08/07/2018 Horticubes retail packs suitable for growers big and small
- 07/20/2018 Small amount of zinc essential for formation of growth substance of the plant
- 07/13/2018 Commercial growers get new wood fiber option
- 07/05/2018 Response of bell pepper to cultivation in coconut fiber or soil
- 07/02/2018 "Growing has never been so precise"
- 06/28/2018 "Plants less susceptible to crazy roots with organic substrate"
- 06/26/2018 "Vigorous crops well balanced all year round"
- 06/12/2018 US (WA): Turning urban wood waste into biochar
- 06/11/2018 Australian strawberry grower increases yield with rockwool
- 06/08/2018 Loco about Coco
- 06/04/2018 Jiffy Products Sri Lanka successfully EU Organic certified
- 05/30/2018 Poland: New carbon substrate from organic raw material
- 05/23/2018 "Reducing labour costs and improving crop growth in soft fruit"