- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Tomato Seed Extraction Machine ready for testing
- Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- British startup wins 100,000 euros for indoor agriculture method
- Growing for Indonesian stores: better ten small customers than a big one
- Australia: Queensland Government commitment to strawberry industry welcomed
Top 5 -last week
- Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- "Responsible work in a great team"
- Koppert collaborates with Valto to control harmful tomato virus
- US: California Farm Academy tackles ag labor shortage
Australia: Season starts for hydroponic berry grower
The hydroponic system is a leap forward for the property that was first established in the 1890s.
Co-owner Tracey Chapman, who farms the 27ha property with husband Kevin, children Jaymie and Kristopher and parents-in-law Murray and Lorraine, said hydroponics were the way of the future for the farm.
“It’s a real trial for us, although there are a few hydroponics in the Yarra Valley” Tracey said.
There are 11,000 strawberry and raspberry plants in the greenhouse.
“It was primarily for labour saving, but we also expect higher yields and bigger and better fruit,” she said.
“They will be protected from snails and rain damage.”
Read more at The Weekly Times (Lyndal Reading)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Italy: "Hydroponic cultivation lowers disease risk"
- 10/15/2018 Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- 10/15/2018 Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program
- 10/11/2018 Malaysia: Three friends supply fresh veggies thanks to NFT
- 10/10/2018 “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- 10/10/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia
- 10/10/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome the challenges?
- 10/10/2018 Four million sealed bell peppers for cruise ships and military bases per year
- 10/08/2018 From rose greenhouse to vineyard under glass
- 10/08/2018 US (TX): Big Tex Urban Farms donate more to local community thanks to oxygen nanobubbles
- 10/08/2018 US (MI): Flint resident wants to beat the food desert with a greenhouse
- 10/05/2018 US (IL): Organic farm sees "healthy and productive tomatoes" with clipper system
- 10/05/2018 CAN (ON): Tomato grower to be sentenced for illegal cannabis
- 10/04/2018 Courgette: a good beginning for the autumnal campaign
- 10/03/2018 CAN (BC): Village Farms Runs for the Cure