- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Ushio opens new factory in Poland
The new building has a production area of 5,000 square meters and dwarfs its predecessor which housed its production lines in just 2,000 square meters of space. It is home to a total of two production lines primarily manufacturing Metal Halide (MH) and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamps as part of the Topflood and Horturion series; both trademarks of and sold by BLV Licht- und Vakuumtechnik GmbH, a member of Ushio Europe Group.
Through the substantially increased production capacities, the factory is prepared to meet the demands of the growing global market and to explore future potential within the sector. New farming technologies, including the growing trend toward urban farming and a professionalization of the horticulture business outside of Europe offer a plethora of opportunity for the group.
In a bid for maximum efficiency and streamlined processes, the entire production is consolidated over just one floor space, facilitating optimal production conditions and further refining the logistics processes. The new operation now enables even shorter delivery times to customers and greater efficiency overall. Furthermore, the new set-up and investment focuses heavily upon stringent quality control spearheaded by a dedicated team to ensure premium quality is delivered to customers from the outset.
The factory opening was marked with a celebratory ceremony attended by Mr. Satoru Takahashi; General Counsel of the Japanese Embassy in Poland, Mr. Marek Ksiazek; Vice Mayor of Blonie City together with Mr. Kenji Hamashima; CEO and President Ushio Inc., and Mr. Hiroshi Matsubara; CEO USHIO Europe. In total, around 200 guests attended the occasion.
Speaking of the pinnacle moment in Ushio Europe’s history, Mr. Hiroshi Matsubara, CEO Ushio Europe said, ‘I am delighted to have been joined by colleagues, partners and special guests in marking this momentous occasion for Ushio Europe Group by officially opening the doors to our new factory, a powerhouse of production and of the Ushio Europe and BLV brand. Looking forward, we endeavour to continue to supply our customers with the best quality speciality lighting solutions and foster solid and prosperous partnerships for many years to come.’
The new factory comes after a recent name change for the lighting manufacturer, previously known as Natrium since its inception in 1998. Initially established as a research and development department for an electric lamp manufacturing plant in Warsaw, it was relocated to its own premises in Blonie Pass situated close to the site where it stands today. After being acquired by BLV in 2006, Natrium was eventually renamed Ushio Poland on August 14, 2016.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/18/2018 Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products