- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: VividGro launches grow light for cannabis industry
“This is the type of LED solution that cannabis growers have been waiting for. The GroBar is a no-brainer for anyone looking to switch from traditional fluorescents or 60 pound grow lamp troffers,” said David Friedman, President of VividGro. “The GroBar costs 50% less per input watt than other LED grow linears while providing 4500 lumens of visible light per 30 W GroBar as well as generating 2.1 μmol/J for maximizing the growth and strength of plants. That’s pretty incredible performance for a lamp weighing in at a mere 19 ounces.” A three-light kit has higher photosynthetically active radiation (“PAR”) levels and uses 60% less power usage than T5 fixtures that use six 54 W HO bulbs.
In fact, thanks to innovative engineering, the GroBar is also a model of sustainable lighting design. The luminaire uses about 95% less material than a standard 2x4 troffer, which can weigh anywhere from 25 to 60 pounds. In addition, the GroBar’s trim profile requires 80% less packaging, significantly decreasing associated product waste.
Thanks to robust polymer construction, the GroBar is a snap to install and so lightweight that it can be suspended or mounted directly to the ceiling, making it suitable for difficult-to-light spaces. The GroBar is also splash-rated, so horticulturalists installing the lights in damp environments can rest assured they will not experience outages or disruptions throughout the grow cycle.
The GroBar is currently available for large scale installations to commercial growers, distributors and wholesalers. For small commercial growers and retail/home grow applications, the GroBar is available for pre-order and expected to be in stock early 2018. The GroBar will ship with flush mount hardware clips that allow for fast and clean direct mounting. Additional brackets to create a three-light fixture are optional.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/15/2018 "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- 10/12/2018 "Stronger crop and cleaner cultivation with oxyhydrogen"
- 10/11/2018 European seed industry, unanimously in favor of CRISPR
- 10/10/2018 "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- 10/10/2018 Does it make economic sense for you to install grow lights?
- 10/10/2018 "AI enables cutting costs and streamlining operations"
- 10/10/2018 USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- 10/09/2018 Climate cell on wheels helps Dutch growers with LED dilemma
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- 10/05/2018 Plastic-eating mushrooms aid in combating growing waste crisis
- 10/05/2018 "It is not necessary to clean the irrigation system during crop rotation"
- 10/04/2018 Research into various light spectra
- 10/03/2018 Havecon opens North America office
- 10/02/2018 ERP software gives growers full view of operations
- 10/01/2018 "Cooling tech increases lettuce growth 132%"
- 10/01/2018 India: Agri & Food innovation platform launched
- 10/01/2018 Scootering through the greenhouse
- 09/28/2018 UK: Start-up secures funding to launch commercial scale trials for hydroponic growing system