- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Buying own cleaning machine becomes more attractive:
Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
Van der Waay designed the robust AquaJet tube rail cart after they noticed many growers were struggling to find a good machine to get the inside of their greenhouses clean. The cart, which runs on a gasoline motor and has a built-in high-pressure pump, is specially designed to clean the glass and gutters of your empty greenhouses quickly and with the lowest possible amount of labor.
Cleaning the inner glass with the AquaJet
"Cleaning the greenhouses is usually a hell of a job, no matter the size of the operation", explained Tom Zwanenburg of Van der Waay. "With the AquaJet it will only take 1 person to apply a cleaning agent and flushing after 1 hectare of roof plus the gable facades per workday." Furthermore Van der Waay has an additional hanging gutter cleaning unit available for the AquaJet.
Cleaning the hanging gutters on the way back with the additional gutter unit.
The design of the AquaJet is very robust and long-lasting. Zwanenburg explained that they looked closely at the circumstances the machines would be used in, based on their experience with previous designs. "These machines are used in very wet and heavy situations, hence we made sure that the AquaJet would be tough enough to withstand this. There is not too much stuff like automation, sensors and electronics involved in the design, as electronics and water usually are not a good combination. On the other hand, we designed the flow of the cleaning agents (in most cases Fluor) and the water in a special circuit, so the fluor is not going through the pump, but dosed with the output water flow after the pump. This makes the system long lasting too, as the fluor has no chance to damage vital parts of the AquaJet's pump. If maintained well, the machine is guaranteed to run for years without any major problems."
According to Zwanenburg, the AquaJet can already be interesting for growers that have 1 or more hectares of glass greenhouse. "In the past we used to sell a lot of these machines to contractors, but more recently a lot of growers all over the world realize the benefits of having their own machines. They now see that they can do the job themselves at any given time with the lowest physical burden for the staff. Only 1 worker is needed to clean a hectare a day and he can continuously disinfect and rinse without too much hassle. This gives the machine a very good ROI."
The AquaJet is available for almost any Venlo glass greenhouse operation; it comes with an adjustable spray mast, adjustable tube rail size and 150 meters of hose on the reel.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 11/30/2017 Cleaning the interior of a greenhouse
- 11/29/2017 US (AL): Hard freeze has ended growing season for warm-weather crops
- 11/28/2017 UK: Industry guide to good hygiene practice for watercress launched
- 11/27/2017 "Giving your plants an unparalleled start is fundamental for their growing success"
- 11/24/2017 Rockwool and green waste after the crop rotation
- 11/23/2017 NL: Herbie new agent against fusarium?
- 11/22/2017 Organic disinfection of trays with UV light
- 11/21/2017 "Turbo fogging saves time and creates the cleanest result"
- 11/20/2017 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 11/17/2017 "Responsibly clean glass with HGC+"
- 11/16/2017 Crop rotation: chance to reduce emissions further
- 11/15/2017 Netherlands: Wet stone wool brings extra work
- 11/14/2017 Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- 11/13/2017 "Make substrate slabs as dry as possible"
- 11/10/2017 Disinfection: Well begun is half done
- 11/08/2017 US (MI): Sign up for winter greenhouse online courses
- 11/07/2017 Preparing your greenhouse & hydroponic operation for winter
- 11/06/2017 "Every percent more light in winter is pure profit"
- 11/03/2017 How to use drip emitters
- 11/02/2017 "Save time and energy with water-based pipe paint"