Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Online boost as Ocado agrees to stock Nim’s Fruit Crisps
A UK manufacturer of healthy snacks is celebrating a major retail breakthrough after being selected to supply Ocado.
Nim’s Fruit Crisps has followed up its recent listing with more than 60 Co-Op stores to sign a new deal with the online supermarket that they believe could double weekly turnover by the end of the year.
The company, which produces air dried fruits crisps from its ‘Grade A’ BRC accredited facility in Sittingbourne, will see five of its original lines sold via the retailer’s website, including apple, pear, pineapple, beetroot & parsnip and tomato & cucumber.
She continued: “The online supermarket is always looking to find new and exciting products to tempt the consumer. I believe we tick all the boxes with today’s shoppers, who are looking for healthy, great tasting snacks."
“Most of our produce is sourced from UK farmers and our clean label – clearly displaying the one ingredient we use - are both great selling points.”
The deal with Ocado comes just a few weeks after Nim’s announced its listing in Co-Op stores across the South East of England.
For more information: www.nimsfruitcrisps.com
Publication date: 11/13/2017
Other news in this sector: