Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Successful growing season with new arugula varieties
The autumn season represents another growing cycle for arugula and Tozer Seeds America (Tozer) is at the forefront of developing and breeding new arugula varieties. Recently, Tozer introduced four new lines of arugula: Ares, Athena, Apollo, and Aphrodite.
Ares, Athena, Apollo, and Aphrodite all display strong results with similar vigor as standard varieties. With improved mildew tolerance, these varieties display a hardier leaf which has been found to extend shelf life. These varieties are also slow growing which allows for a better leaf structure making these lines an ideal choice for main season and autumn productions.
Tozer’s large and attractive selection of arugula has great benefits for both growers and retailers. Tozer’s varieties offer growers a more vigorous, slower bolting plant making them easier to grow. These varieties also provide retailers with improved flavor and more interesting leaf shape and color.
“Tozer is at the forefront of developing and breeding new arugula varieties,” said Kraig Kuykendall, sales manager of Tozer Seeds America. “The four new lines we are introducing have been bred for mildew tolerance, which should result in greater yields for our growers.”
Tozer’s arugula breeding program began in the late 1990s and continues to excel. Since the introduction of Voyager in 2004, the world’s first named variety of arugula, Tozer continues to release improved arugula types with improved agronomic, post-harvest and consumer appeal characteristics.
To learn more, visit www.tozerseeds.com.
Tel: (320) 808-4558
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Other news in this sector: