- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- "An innovative leaching solution to the worldwide salinity crisis"
- Fiji: Entrepreneur builds hydroponic farm at home
- Canadian laboratory expands greenhouse disease diagnostic and management services
- Italy: Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
Top 5 -last week
CAN (BC): Premier celebrates good jobs growing good food
“The hard work of B.C. farmers puts food on our tables and brings jobs to our communities,” said Premier John Horgan. “We’re encouraging people to Buy B.C. food first because when people Buy B.C. they are supporting their neighbours and boosting our economy.”
Agriculture is a key part of a strong, sustainable economy that benefits everyone, in every region of the province. Sixty-three thousand British Columbians work in B.C.’s agriculture, seafood and food and beverage processing sectors, which generates more than $14 billion a year.
“For too long, farmers have been left to struggle with rising land costs, labour challenges and an underdeveloped domestic market,” said Agriculture Minister Lana Popham. “We’re planting the seeds of a stronger agriculture sector by revitalizing the Agricultural Land Reserve, restoring the Buy BC marketing program and working with farmers to create jobs and unlock economic activity in communities throughout the province.”
BC Agriculture Council (BCAC) chair Stan Vander Waal was one of many agricultural representatives at the legislature to honour the work of B.C.’s farmers and ranchers and to encourage British Columbians to recognize the benefits when they Buy BC products.
“BC Agriculture Council and the government have an important role to play in supporting our agri-food system”, said Vander Waal. “By proactively working together, we can achieve mutually beneficial policies, regulations and programs that support the sustainability and growth of B.C.’s land and water based industries.”
BCAC is the only provincewide general farm organization representing the farmers and ranchers of British Columbia. BCAC proudly serves nearly 30 commodity associations who in turn generate 96% of the farm gate sales in B.C.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- 10/17/2018 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 10/15/2018 Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
- 10/08/2018 "Toss a tomato, win some dough"
- 09/25/2018 US (IL): Mobile farmers market makes fresh produce accessible and affordable
- 09/21/2018 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- 09/19/2018 US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- 08/20/2018 "A third of European fruit and veg crop too ugly to sell"
- 08/17/2018 How sustainability can increase your profits