Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NJ): Hopewell Elementary receives $5,000 vertical farming grantHopewell Elementary School has been chosen as a recipient of the 2017 BASF Science Education Grant. A total of $5,000, the grant will support efforts to expand the school’s “Sustainable, Green Community” initiative by literally and figuratively seeding a vertical farm in the elementary school’s greenhouse.
The project has also been in partnership with Princeton University, and a plant physiologist at Princeton University has helped design a custom vertical farm system. The first phase of the project, funded through the Hopewell Valley Education Foundation, was the school’s first tower garden, currently in the cafeteria. A second has been placed in Hopewell Elementary school teacher Helen Corveleyn’s science classroom. Additional towers, the school says, will be popping up throughout the year.
The vertical farms will grow lettuce and other vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers to be used in the school’s cafeteria with the goal of making the school more self-sustainable. In addition, there are strong curricular ties at each grade level which supports science instruction aligned to Next Generation Science Standards, K-12 science-based standards.
Read more at MercerMe (Mary Galioto)
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Other news in this sector: