Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Supreme commences production in new flowering roomsSupreme Pharmaceuticals announced that 7ACRES has commenced production in the newly constructed flowering rooms recently approved by Health Canada. Over 3,000 plants of a specially selected phenotype of cannabis called "Wappa" were hand-transplanted into the first of three 10,000 sq. ft. flowering rooms. Wappa was selected for the inaugural planting due to its favourable early-stage market feedback, growth characteristics and terpene content. The transplanting was completed in a single-day process, required to ensure the uniformity of the end product. The remaining 20,000 sq. ft. will be fully planted over the balance of November 2017, increasing 7ACRES' anticipated annual output capacity to over 5,000 kg per year.
One of three new 10,000 sq. ft. flowering rooms at the 7ACRES Hybrid Facility
"Today marks an important growth milestone for 7ACRES as Canada's leading cultivation-focused Licensed Producer," said John Fowler, CEO of Supreme. "Adding an additional 30,000 sq. ft. of flowering rooms quadruples our production capacity and moves us closer to achieving our goal of growing premium quality cannabis flowers at scale. The additional output increases our ability to establish national strategic partnerships with Licensed Producers that are seeking to provide Canadian patients with premium cannabis. As well, the expansion also represents the next step in scaling 7ACRES in preparation for the Canadian adult use market."
Supreme anticipates the first harvests from the additional flowering rooms will be completed in the first quarter of calendar 2018.
Licensed Producers and/or ACMPR applicants interested in procuring dried cannabis flowers or trim may contact wholesale@7ACRES.com.
For more information:
202 – 20 De Boers Dr, Toronto ON
Phone: (416) 630-7272
Publication date: 11/13/2017
Other news in this sector: