Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hungary to help modernise Uganda's agriculture sector
The republic of Hungary has said they are waiting for a return visit by the Uganda foreign affairs to their country so as to open an embassy in Uganda to facilitate trade between the two countries.
Speaking at their national day celebrations in Kampala last week, Dr Dancs Ferenc, the Secretary of State for International Cooperation at ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary said, Hungary is ready to help Uganda to modernise Uganda's agriculture and water management sectors, among others.
State minister for Microfinance David Bahati, who represented Foreign Affairs minister Sam Kuteesa, urged the envoy to encourage Hungarians to come and take advantage of existing potentials in horticulture where they can produce in bulk assorted fruits, coffee, cut flowers, vegetables and fish among others.
"We believe that promoting trade is one of the ways of improving relations between the two countries and the scholarships that Hungary has given to Ugandans to study in Hungary will help us build vocational schools," he told.
Publication date: 11/7/2017
Other news in this sector: